Your response matters.
- Health clinics. Fire departments. Schools. Even roads and highways. The census can shape many different aspects of your community.
- Census results help determine how billions of dollars in federal funding flow into states and communities each year.
- The results determine how many seats in Congress each state gets.
- It’s mandated by the U.S. Constitution in Article 1, Section 2: The U.S. has counted its population every 10 years since 1790.
How do I Take the Census?
- Online at 2020census.gov starting March 23
- Over the phone
- By mail
The Census Will Never Ask Certain Questions
During the 2020 Census, the Census Bureau will never ask you for:
- Your Social Security number.
- Money or donations.
- Anything on behalf of a political party.
- Your bank or credit card account numbers.
Additionally, there is no citizenship question on the 2020 Census.
If someone claiming to be from the Census Bureau contacts you via email or phone and asks you for one of these things, it’s a scam, and you should not cooperate. For more information, visit Avoiding Fraud and Scams
IMPORTANT 2020 DATES
*Join Uptown Dallas Inc. at these events to get more information on the 2020 Census and to Register to Vote.
March 12-20, 2020 – LOOK FOR YOUR CENSUS INVITE IN THE MAIL
March 23, 2020 – ONLINE CENSUS SURVEY AVAILABLE
April 1, 2020 – NATIONAL CENSUS DAY
August 1, 2020 – CENSUS COMPLETED
*October 1, 2020 – UPTOWN BLOCK PARTY